What makes Dalarna University so special is the concept of closeness: close contact between students and teachers, and you’re always close to adventure.
What is DU best known for?
In Sweden, DU is known for being the leader in integrating technology and new pedagogy within education. Our international students most enjoy the immediate access to nature and outdoor adventure while frequently commenting on the unique experience studying in a small town provides.
What kind of programmes does DU offer?
DU offers Sweden’s only master’s programme in solar energy engineering (Europes first solar energy engineering program). We also offer master’s programmes in business, data science, sustainable tourism, energy efficient buildings, material science and economics.
What are the main local industries?
Although Dalarna’s largest town has a population of around 55,000, this region of Sweden is home to innovative Swedish companies like ABB, SSAB, Clas Ohlson and Stora Ensö. Additionally, the tourism industry is very strong in Dalarna thanks to offering some of Sweden’s best skiing and nature reserves.
Application and Admission Information
How To Apply
Application Fees and Tuition Fees
Tuition fees vary for individual courses, course packages and programmes for a semester of full-time studies (30 credits). Information about tuition fees are available on the respective course/programme webpage. The cost of one-semester full-time studies (30 credits) at Dalarna University is between 43 500 and 70 000 SEK.
- If you are a student who has been admitted to a degree programme of more than 30 credits, you need only pay tuition fees for one semester of full-time studies at a time.
- You will pay extra for any courses that are not part of your programme.
- If you do not complete a course, you may do so at a later date without having to pay additional fees.
- If Dalarna University approves a transfer of credits, this does not automatically mean that you are entitled to a reduced tuition fee for your programme.
- If you are awarded a scholarship (tuition-fee waiver) by Dalarna University, its value will be deducted from the fee.