University of Iceland
University / Popular / Truy Cập Nhiều
The University of Iceland is the leading university in Iceland and plays an active role in society and in the international scientific community.
Great emphasis is placed on strengthening research and educating young people, preparing them for active participation in society as well as making their mark on the global community. Currently some 12,500 students are enrolled at the University, including almost 1,400 international students. The University of Iceland comprises five schools and 26 faculties offering over four hundred different programmes of study. It is the only university in Iceland offering undergraduate and graduate programmes in all major academic disciplines, including doctoral degrees in most fields of study. The University employs a large number of highly qualified academics who are a part of a strong global network within the scientific community. The University’s success in recent years has earned it a place amongst the best universities according to recognised international rankings. Dynamic and extensive collaboration with key research institutions and industry is an important factor in the University’s operations. Furthermore, working with leading universities all over the world provides the foundation for an international network of knowledge.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Situated in the heart of Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland
- Founded in 1911
- Ranked among the best 250 universities in the world, according to the THE World University Rankings
- Leading university in Iceland
- Offers undergraduate and graduate programmes in all major academic disciplines
- Emphasis on excellence in research and innovation
- Focus on social and global responsibility
- 12,500 students
- 7,800 undergraduates
- 4,050 master’s students
- 650 Ph.D. students
- 1,400 international students
- 5 schools
- 26 faculties
- 400 study programmes
- Ph.D. degrees: 61
- Master’s degrees: 950
- Bachelor’s degrees: 1,690
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR VIETNAMESE STUDENTS
- English requirements: TOEFL 79, IELTS 6.5 or PTE Academic 58 for most programs. Some master’s degrees will require IELTS 7.5 / TOEFL 100. More information here.
- General requirements:
- Bachelor’s degrees: High School Graduation + 1 year of higher education studies
- Master’s degrees: Review course catalogue for more information.
- Deadlines: The application period for international students is 10 December – 1 February.
- Tuition fees: The University of Iceland does not charge tuition fees, but the annual registration fee is ISK 75,000.
- Listing ID: 8067