In order to be eligible for university studies in Sweden, you must demonstrate that you meet the English requirements for the course or programme.

Bachelor’s level

For courses and study programmes at the bachelor’s level, the English language general entry requirement is the equivalent of English studies at the upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden, called English 6.

Master’s level

For most master’s level courses and programmes, the requirement is also the equivalent of English 6, though a few may require a lower or higher level of English.

Check the course description

You can find out what the English requirement is for the course or programme you’re applying to by going to the course description page on the university’s website. Please note that some universities have their own requirements regarding demonstrating English proficiency.

How can I meet the English language requirement?

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through:

  • certain upper secondary (high school) studies,
  • certain university studies,
  • or an internationally recognised English test.